I have loads of things to talk about!
Firs up, I just added this guy on facebook I've met him once and he is a friend of some friends of mine who seems pretty cool, so when he accepted I sent him a message saying.
"Hey there,
I seem to remember meeting you once at Southdowns and noticed that you are somewhat of an otaku XD (in the least offensive way =P just the J-culture fandom)
I don't really have many people in which to discuss my anime/manga obsession so I was wondering what kind of stuff you like? ^_^
xx"
And I'm thinking, "yeah that's nice, friendly, shows you know an like Japan and that you're up for talking. But I got this back.
"well at much as you try not to offend you sorta did you shouldn't assume that its a fan in fact to put it straight i lived there with my uncle from the age of 10 and since i live over there regularly i was given citizenship .. So it not a fan its more of a live style and how i was brough up over there :/ and i like anime and manga but also the culture x"
And I was like "O.O omg I have offended him!" I eman I got a serious patronisingly disapproving vibe from that!So I practically panicked and sent this to him.
"Ah I see it's my fault. ^_^" I'm aware that the true definition of otaku is considered offensive, but a lot of westerners use it in a more casual way. Sorry for the offence.
I am super jealous to hear that you've lived in Japan! May I ask what it was like? :3 Or am I being too imposing?
xx"
Trying to be apologetic but causal, and still keep the conversation flowing. I haven't got anything back yet... but we'll see how it goes. I feel really upset! I mean it's obviously a really touchy subject but geez! How was I supposed to know he had lived in Japan... I don't even really understand why he was so upset, I'm just interested in talking about it. TT_TT how mean.
On another topic, went to another party last night and got drunk! It was tons of fun though, there were loads of dudes I hadn't met but didn't have the courage to talk to. *sniff* oh well. If you see any of them again you have a conversation starter XD
Another thing I mean to blog about the other day was the interesting psychology I saw when I went with my friends to book our holiday. When we got into the travel agents, I approached the desk and began talking but when I gestured to my friends (bearing in mind there were 7 of them) all of them were at the other side of the room huddled together. So I was like.... "Ok, so they're a bit nervous" So I did loads of the talking and explained what we wanted and we she asked us to sit down there weren't any chairs, so I assumed they were going to go and get some more.... but no. Instead half of them sit on the floor. I mean... come on guys! That's 10 year old behaviour. And yes while it might be amusing in college it certainly wasn't where we were. It was extremely inappropriate. The other people sat on chairs way at the back. And the one person who sat next to me and who was more confident than the others was the person who I though was the most shy!
So when I realised all this is made me laugh! Because obviously the people who sat on the floor felt the need to exhibit childlike behaviour because they didn't know how to handle a more mature situation, and the people who sat right behind me, didn't want to be seen as children but also weren't confident enough to say anything. And the girl who sat next to me... well I have a lot more respect for her now. I am also very proud of myself, lately I have felt that I have been losing some of my confident aura and that people don't see me as a strong leader any more, but apparently this is not the case. I got that message when they all elected me to be the "adult" responsible for the under 18s :3
There is another thing that has been on my mind also. My friend Mane face or something.... I can't remember what I called her in a previous blog but yeah. We are getting much closer lately, and I don't know if I've mentioned her panic attack before but she had one a few days ago and it really shook me up because I feel very protective of her and I didn't know what to do in that situation. I was so upset that I cried all the way home. (including on the bus) Me and her have become a lot lot closer and I really want her to be my close friend and I think she will but never in the way I want her to be. She was upset the other day and when I asked her why she asked me not to pester her because she was afraid of crying but when I texted her about it she told me that it was because she didn't feel she had the "Uniqueness" to become a singer, and that she was worried that everyone could see all her flaws. For the former I think it's a normal self doubt and one that she will get over because she is extremely talented. I am very jealous her musical ability. But I felt extremely guilty over the latter because it may have been due to a fault of my own. You see when I get closer to someone I want to know everything about them, and them to know everything about me. Therefore I love analysing them and Mane head is an interesting person to analyse. But I think maybe I have been too blunt.. and accurate with my observations. And also that I've been pointing out more of her flaws than her strengths. I feel so mean for making her loose confidence. But I don't want her to become afraid of it. I love her even more BECAUSE of her flaws. It means she has depth! Besides she's the purest person I know!
*sigh* My best friend evar Rowie, has been having a hard time lately. She's feeling the stress that I was a few weeks ago and unfortunately there isn't anything I can do to help her with that. But I'm concerned about the fact that she doesn't seem to have a friend circle like I have built up at sixth form. And we haven't seen each other in such a long time. I tried to get her to come out with me for a coffee or lunch today but apparently she had coursework to do. Not that I doubt it! I just mean... you don't sit down and do coursework ALL day! I'll phone her in a bit.
Swiss giant hasn't changed at all. He attempted conversation the day after but failed! And we talked again briefly today.... but it was poor. I don't even think it's worth it any more. I'd do much better to move on. I think I'm going to try to not begin any conversations from now on. I want him to get mad at me for once! But i doubt that will happen. ¬¬ He doesn't care enough.
Also I am in my book phase again! Yay!! I have a whole load of new books to read!
And I went to see my aunty the other day.... who's having a bit of a tough time. But I made a promise with her that we were going to knit a blanket together! I think it's a good idea. It's a project both of us and can do. And I'd like to spend some quality time with her.
Because a load of books I have been reading are by P.C. Cast I've been thinking about Wicca again, because a lot of the elements of that religion are in her books. It's a very fancy religion. But I think it's roots are nice.
That is all for now :3
Rhubarb.
xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment