Friday, 3 February 2012

Truer words were never spoken.

So I was reading a book and one of the characters said "truer words were never spoken" and it led me on to an interesting train of thought.
What is the truest statement?
My first attempt was "the sky is blue" but that's not true because we only see blue because it reflects the ocean.
Then I though "I exist" but that's such a debatable statement! I mean, define existence? Do I really exist or is this all a false consciousness.
Then I tried "my kindle case is red" and this is true in a way but even then you could argue that it's not entirely true! I mean once again: define red? What about people who are colour blind? What if we all see different colours but with the same name?

And finally I came to a statement that is completely and utterly true: "I love my mum" and this for me is the ultimate true statement, unconditional love for a family member in my eyes can not be questioned. Not when I feel it so keenly in my core.

How heartwarming is that? That the only statement I could pronounce true was the love I have for my mother. This is exactly the reason why I am proud of being human.

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment