Friday, 29 June 2012

Musings and week 5 failings

When i took a trip to the Co-op today I saw a schoolboy coming back from the shops eating a chocolate bar and I got a real warmth from seeing something so everyday! I got the same feeling when I walked past a mum and her daughter going into their house after shopping because it got me thinking about how every house I walk past holds the normal lives of everyday humans who do and worry about the same things I do.

It made me remember one time a few years ago when it snowed so much the roads were closed so no one had to go to work or school that day, and me and my parents put on our gear and trudged up to the local supermarket to get foods. Along with EVERY ONE ELSE in the whole damn neighbourhood. But it was such a happy communal thing! Everyone was friendly, and it's one of my fondest memories. But it puts me in to mind of a song "Oh No" - Gogol Bordello which talks about how everyone gets that communal happy feeling when there's  a black out, but it doesn't have to be just then! We should be like that all the time! I happen to agree.

I also tried to help a lost dog by knocking on loads of doors but he ran away while I was asking people and I lost him TT_TT

I've done terribly this week health wise. Just abandoned all discipline. But hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment