Saturday, 16 June 2012

End of week 3

So week 3 was always gonna be a hard week for me because one month is when my plans usually fail, and right on cue I started slipping with mine but that hasn't made me give up. I have learnt one of the most important lessons and that's that it is OK to fail. So tomorrow when my weigh in comes and I know I haven't done great I'm not gonna be upset if I have gained.

Have also been a bit upset with my friends lately. Ok well Mane Face in particular =P She came back from Uganda and she was like a new person! Really inspiration! Independent, more worldy wise and I loved it! I've always hoped that she could be a bit more secure in herself and it sounded like she was, but recently we were supposed to be going clubbing and she said she couldn't make it. Her reasons where her Nan, which is TOTALLY understandable, I've been there and I know how stressful it is for her and her whole family. But her other reasons where her two ex boyfriends and I thought, hold on a minute? Where has this come from? I thought she'd moved way beyond her first ex and she had made up with her most recent ex and she was even involved with someone else while she was away. And my brother saw her talking "flirtatiously" (his words) with her old ex.

This made me feel a couple of things. Disappointment was one because this indicates that the new strong Mane Face has gone and she's back to being insecure and feeling like she needs guys which she really doesn't! Also a little bit of exasperation because I'm pretty much a pro at being single now! Have been single from nearly all of my 19 years and my most recent discovery is that "I don't need a guy to validate my happiness!" Sure they're a nice addition! But it's like a DLC, most people when they see the DLC feel like they must have it! Because it looks really awesome, but it comes at a price or you need a code, or whatever, point is it's difficult to get. What everyone is missing is that you can still play and enjoy the original game and complete it without the DLC! You don't need it! You can be complete by yourself having a boyfriend is just a nice addition. I would like to think I could make her see this but I don't think I can, because I have been in her position where it does make you feel depressed and alone and I know that the only thing that can get her out of it is herself.

I was also a little bit upset, because she's obviously been troubled for a while and she hasn't told me or approached me at all. I'm a good listener! I can help! Why didn't she talk to me about it? She wants to meet up soon so at least she DOES want to. I guess being upset is taking it too far, it's probably because suddenly being updated that my friend is feeling down is like "Oh! When did this happen?!"

Jasmine =P my other friend actually I don't like her nickname... I'm going to call her Isosceles (in-joke) is also a bit upset for the same kind of reasons but she's the kind of girl who will always find something to be depressed about even when she's perfectly content =P sometimes I get fed up of giving people pep talks! I need them all for myself right now!

So the tables have turned! And now Rowie is my strongest happiest friend =D and she's not bloody there for me to have a good phone conversation with xD oh well. I just like knowing that me and her are on good terms now ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment