Specifically this one:
This is called Maslow's hierarchy of needs. And it is a visual representation of what and how much of something a human needs to survive. Now I bet everyone could look at this and say that they do not have everything on the pyramid (or not enough of something), especially myself. So I plan to use this pyramid as a guideline to improving myself.
The main tactic this time that is different from all my other attempts is that I'm taking it slow. No more cold turkey. And by slow I mean really slow... like 5 years. Each year to improve one level of the pyramid. Starting with the bottom as it is the most basic. That is what I will be focusing on next year. Then throughout the year with each week I will set myself goals and try to ensure that I reach those goals that week and in some cases (particularly for the bottom level) for every week on-wards.
Here's how I interpret each level:
Physiological: Health, as in food, exercise sleeping patterns etc.
Safety: Focusing on University work and any employment I have. (This one has very prudent timing as my next year at Uni is when things start to get hard)
Love/Belonging: Working on my relationships of friends and family and if that case is that I am single... then to try and find someone.
Esteem: This one is about improving myself. How I see myself what attributes I need to work on (temper)
Self-actualization: Fulfilling my creative needs and whimsical ideas (such as all the facts I want to learn) and my search for spirituality
Safety: Focusing on University work and any employment I have. (This one has very prudent timing as my next year at Uni is when things start to get hard)
Love/Belonging: Working on my relationships of friends and family and if that case is that I am single... then to try and find someone.
Esteem: This one is about improving myself. How I see myself what attributes I need to work on (temper)
Self-actualization: Fulfilling my creative needs and whimsical ideas (such as all the facts I want to learn) and my search for spirituality
That's not to say that if in my first year I want to try and improve my temper I can't. Just that it's not the main focus.
I really think this idea could work. Taking it slow would be good and it definitely will help to have new goals each week so as not to get bored. My goal for the first week on 2012 (starting Monday because New Years Day doesn't count as I failed miserably) is to NOT have ANY snacks :3
And maybe I could do a vlog at the end of each week? ^_^
I'm so glad I found my motivation :3
Happy New Year dear
xxx

No comments:
Post a Comment