Just had another revelation! XD
This time about sexual reproduction =P
So in the previous post I mentioned Swiss Giant and me talking about this but disagreeing, well I was re-reading the conversation and he said something that I came to realise.
Firstly, let me explain to you how I think evolution is present in our culture today.
Males: The evolutionary goal for males is to continue their genes right? And to impregnate as many females as possible, this explains why men seem to sleep with more women and are more interested in numbers rather than quality. However they do look for "attractive" females because they are more likely to produce and look after a child.
Females: The evolutionary goal is to find a male who will support and protect any offspring they have. So in our culture today we look for strong commited men. And generally women only need to find one male, who will be permanent and provide for more children.
Ok and what he said last night was this: "Basically women need to gather as many men as possible, and the most suitable is chosen. The others wander off." And it has only just occured to me how this is present in my own life. Where I tend to like several guys at once and always think about which one I would rather date. But it has never EVER even crossed my mind to think about dating more than one! =P This also makes me want to ask one of my male friends what they think in this situation, because according to the theory they SHOULD be thinking about sleeping with ALL of the girls they like =P Although, I think this may not be the case because seeing more than one person at a time is not socially acceptable. So I either need to find someone who will freely admit that they do have the thoughts but no wish to carry them out. Or a complete pig who DOES want to date several girls at once. ><
Glad that's off my chest. ^_^
Cheers once again.
Rhubarb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment