Saturday, 4 October 2014
Why is it that we can never remember that life is precious every single moment of the day?
Every now and then I remember what a gift it is to exist and all the ways in which I am wasting it. For a few minutes life is incredible and I want to live it right and in all the ways I should but then half an hour later I will have forgotten and two days later I will be wasting it again. Why is it that something so important can be so easily forgotten. How many moments of our lives are we wasting? I don't mean wasting it brushing our teeth, or driving to work because these are things that we have to do in order to live. We are taking care of our bodies, the one and only vessel we get in which to live out our lives. We are going to work to earn money which will enable us to do the things in life which make it worth living. These are not things I would count as wasted. Eating take-out once a week (or more) or sitting on reddit for 5 hours a day is how we waste our lives. Why are we happily feeding our bodies rubbish when we know it is giving us shorter time to exist? Why are we reading the same boring unproductive drivel when we know there is something more fulfilling we could be doing? Why can we not remember in these moments how important it is to not waste a SINGLE second? More importantly HOW can we remember that this moment is special. This moment right here is amazing. I am alive. Me and you are allowed to exist in a world that is beautiful and we have years in which to explore it. Precious years to appreciate the miracle that is living. Every second that goes by is a second that we will never get back. This is something worth remembering. All of the time. Every morning when we wake up. Every time we put food in our mouths. Every time we go outside. Every time we talk to someone else. Every decision that we make. Every thing that we do. It is permanent and it is a gift. We should not forget this ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment