Sunday, 13 May 2012

Fortune cookies

I've been thinking a lot about something lately. And it really bothers me. So here goes.


When you meet a famous person, it's a really massive deal for you, but for them you're just another face they hardly even look at and will never remember and I don't like that. If I meet someone, I want them to be as interested in meeting me as I am in them, which I understand is a ridiculous request to ask of celebrities, so  I don't enforce it. I just wish it was that way. But it makes me feel like I don't *want* to meet them if they're just going to forget me, I want to be introduced as a person, not a fan. If I did meet a celebrity now I feel like I'd have to say something that would make them remember me, but I don't have enough creativity or inspiration for that.
I don't like the whole celebrity culture, and I don't like that I buy into it and become a crazed fan girl. They're just normal people like me and should be just as interested in meeting me as I am them. Why should I allow myself to undermine my worth by putting them on a pedestal for being a face that a lot of people recognise.
It's degrading.


No comments:

Post a Comment