Friday, 9 December 2011

Jaaayne! The man they call Jaaaayne!

He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor.
Stood up to the man and he gave him what for.
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain.
The hero of Canton the man they call Jayne!

Now Jayne saw the mudder's backs breakin'
He saw the mudder's lamment.
He saw that magistrate taking,
Every dollar and leavin' five cents.
He said, you can't do that to my people.
You can't crush 'em under your heel.
So Jayne strapped on his hat,
And in five seconds flat,
Stole everythin' Boss Higgins had to steal!


I LOVE Jayne! I love Firefly! I love Nathan Fillion! And I HATE Fox >:

Everyone has been going on at me for a while now to watch Firefly. This week I sat down and did it. Took about 3 days, for me to watch the series and the film. I'm so in love with it! It's so warm and original and all the characters are fantastic! I cried at the end because the situation was so believable! And I fancy the pants off of Jayne Cobb! Even if he is a brute :3, I guess I kinda like it =P

I'm so proud to finally call myself a Browncoat and I'm on the hunt for a Jayne hat :3

It's left me in a very sci-fi kind of mood and I want to watch Battlestar but I get the feeling that after the warmth of Firefly it just won't be the same. So I'm going to watch something else. I don't think it can be classed as sci-fi but I'm planning on starting Game of Thrones because Nathan Fillion gave it such a raving review and basically he's awesome. And hot. Good combination.

It's nearly Christmas and I'm so excited! I have my family's presents all sorted, and I plan to go out this week and get some stuff for friends, and my Grandparents who are HOPEFULLY coming down to us this Christmas ^_^. It's a bit tense lately though because there is a "shadow" on Grandad's liver and the test results come back tomorrow. We all kind of know it's cancer, the real question is how long does he have. I just worry how mum will take it. Mainly because she has so many unresolved problems with Grandad, and they're too stubborn to work it out (not that they can, I mean Mum has always had a problem with Grandad's alcoholic lifestyle and she blames him for a lot of things). I just hope he doesn't die and she's left with guilt for not saying anything.

Personally I'm fairly prepared for him to die. We've been waiting for a while. But it will be a big upheaval for the whole family, and I will be sad. I guess I can't imagine because I'm not in that position yet. But my Grandad is a great man, and he's done a lot of good things as well as bad things. I admire him a lot, but I wish I heard more from his own mouth.

My Nan is always talking about death. Her death, the neighbour's death, some guy in the paper's death. She's even gone so far as to give me a tour of her ornament cabinet and point out which ornaments I will be inheriting. Seriously. She's also written an autobiography; and I as the only Grandchild to show an interest, will be getting that too. Which I'm rather touched by. I've always wanted to leave something to my (future :3) Grandchildren. Like my dream diary, and my keepsakes box.

This term of Uni is nearly over and I'm pleased ^_^. I haven't progressed as much socially as I'd have liked, but I've made one friend who I really like and (fingers crossed) there are some girls who we are looking into sharing a house with next year. So I am content with that aspect. Concerning the lesson, well I love some... and in others I just can't concentrate. But I feel like I'm doing well. If I hadn't missed so much I would feel very certain. But I got a piece of coursework back that I was earnestly believing I got a D in, and it turns out it was a B+ which I am mighty happy about.

I'm lookin' for another one of my never-gonna-last-fresh-start's after the New year :3 aren't we all? I mean I can't count how many I've had in my life. And more often then not I write about them in this blog so no doubt there are posts from a while ago of me claiming to drastically change my lifestyle. I just can't figure out how to get over that hump that will allow me to carry on with it after one week (being the average length). Maybe I will find some inspiration SOMEWHERE xD

Anywho. That is all :3

SWTOR nearly out soon! >_< Yay =D

Rhubarb xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment