Hello hello ^_^
Have a good Christmas? Yeah me too. It was... weird. Grandad was more ill than we anticipated and it was really horrible to watch. For the first few days I was scared he was going to drop dead every time he moved. I had to leave the room a few times because it was too much to handle. And God love her, my Nan does NOT help the situation.
Christmas day was lovely especially in the morning because it was just my close family unwrapping presents which is what we wanted and the dinner was... so... good. Even though Grandad didn't eat it with us. Another part that was hard was the fact that my mum was close to tears all of the time.
Then boxing day we went round my Aunt and Uncles house. Zzzzz. And had to entertain their children. And then we went home. Saying goodbye was hard because we were all too aware that it could be the last time we see him. My Nan cried which is something I'd never seen before.
My family haven't really talked about it much yet which is something that we usually do, but I think we're all trying to give Mum a chance to put it out of her mind for a while. Dad doesn't seem to be helping because he keeps going on at her to phone her Mum so Nana has company but she doesn't want to.
At least I finally managed to finish Game of Thrones and I'm now reading A Clash of Kings.
I also set myself a challenge when we went out for a meal last night to not get angry at anyone which wasn't as challenging as I thought, what I have more of a problem with is getting involved in other people's arguments. I feel almost foolish for saying this because it's rather an obvious observation but I found that if I don't create an argument... then we don't have one! (You don't say!) I know, but I didn't really realise that was the key.
Also, New Years is coming up... so I have the inevitable urge to create resolutions that I won't keep. Although I'm not going to tell myself that. I really do want to change my lifestyle. Maybe who knows. No doubt I'll be back with a list of things to do next year some other time.
Later
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment