Monday, 13 December 2010

Terry's Chocolate Orange.

Well. I feel a whole lot better now that a certain someone (who we are not going to talk about anymore) is out of my life.

If I said that I'd be lying. I'm upset... I'm sure I'll get over it, but mostly I'm upset about the fact that he hasn't tried to contact me at all.

NO! I'm not talking about him anymore.

DREAMS!

I love dreams. I recently wrote this to illustrate one of the most prominant dreams I've ever had:


I can’t write poems.

So I’m going to write it as a story instead.

Walking in what only can be described as the wrong direction, with my friends. We were happy. It was noon, and the sun had just begun to set, the sky was leaking rosy streaks and the field in which we skipped. Autumnal, yet green. The trees just beginning to lose the fresh green of summer and the grass, untouched... yet still cared for was still about our legs. We sang. For what would you do? In a field with no one around. No one to hear you except the friends who can share your laughter. We frolicked. There is no other word for it, expelling our lungs towards the sun. The joy overcame us and we giggled like children as we played in the field, carrying each other, rolling around. Bliss.

No fence barred our path except suddenly the scenery changed. The sky was no longer a rosy hue but bright blue once again. The sun rose proudly in the sky warming our faces. There were no brown leaves in sight. Except... the trees... somehow darker in their existence, the grass -just as fresh- stood still like prey being stalked. Our eyes observed a shadow scan the field in a brief spurt. The sun weakened. The trees we knew held something sinister. In the middle of a field... a stump... dead by human hands, yet not. Freshly cut after growing out of place. Still obscuring the purity of the field stood as a reminder of the power of man.

The shadow flew once more and landed on the stump. A figure... tall... lanky... alien, crouched on the stump, yet even in this position rose well above the rest of us. There was almost no hardness to this creature. No reasoning behind its existence, but there it perched. Hands clasped head bowed like a monk in mediation. Its head abnormally large held two empty sockets that bore into our own eyes, surrounded by rough jelly-like skin of a purple tint that stretched to the spiky frail wings on its back. We were all horrified. I could feel it. For once the horror that had never gripped me in real life as it did now. The disgust at this abomination which no one dared voice for it was sure to overhear. Except one of our party; always to my mind... stubborn... naive, spoke up. “What is it?!”

We all shared a moment of despair; this was surely going to have dire consequences, and so it did. The creature who had no eyes somehow managed to open them and with no warning and no sound. Lunged. Like an animal with no social restrictions to bind its movement, it threw its whole weight and whole soul into this flight. Straight like a bullet, arms outstretched like a desperately starving child it reached for her. She froze. We all did.

Then the creature had never moved. It was there on its dying stump holding her face with its horrifically human hands in a desperate caress. She stood with no ability to move her own body but her eyes screamed. The creature whose mouth was a hole always opened began to open his soul, and with his eyes he opened hers. He screamed into her mouth even though there was no sound. I could feel the air, the nonexistent shriek from him, and the loss of free will of her.

And I... the one, who had often wondered what it would be like to feel fear, could bare it no more. I begged my mind for it to stop. And stop it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment